Although the recent surge in attention to food and agriculture feels like the hot new thing, anthropology has long been on the forefront of research about how our systems of food production inform cultural practices. In this Notes from the Field, E. Paul Durrenberger reflects on his many years examining the intersections of agriculture, labor, and social justice in the context of Brad Weiss’ new book Real Pigs: Shifting Values in the Field of Local Pork.
- New Guest Post from Paul Durrenberger
- Robert M. Netting Student Paper Prize
- The New Wild West
- From Pipelines to Paris: Why We Need Forests Now More than Ever
- TT Position Opening at Univ. of Arizona in Food Studies
- AAA 2015 Culture and Agriculture Activities in Denver
- Web Fellow Position – Apply by Sept. 15th!
- Cannabis Event at the 2015 AAAs – Save the Date
- 2015 Robert M. Netting Award
- CAFE Editor Search