Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture is excited to announce the Summer 2014 Program in Peru offering a Certificate in Global Agroecology and Local Food Systems!
Visit our site to learn more!
MESA’s Peru Summer 2014 is a 6-week program that takes place from June 25th
2014 – August 6th 2014. This exciting opportunity integrates academic learning with hands-on experiences in order to equip a new generation of agrarians and food justice activists to rebuild our global food system through sustainable innovation and ancestral knowledge. The program fosters reciprocal, cross- cultural exchanges between participants and MESA Alumni Stewards, forging new links in the global network of sustainable agrarians. This program also serves to restructure travel abroad in a meaningful way.
– Orientation & Exit Seminar in Lima
– 1 -month homestay & training with small-scale Peruvian farmers in Lima, Cusco, Puno & Amazonas region
– Spanish Language Courses
– Site visits, lectures, volunteer projects with local agrarian leaders
Certificate of Global Agroecology and Local Food Systems – Topics:
– Agroecology in theory and practice
– Historical analysis and cultural reflection on the current food crisis
– Strategies and impacts of agroecological methods around the globe
– Research a regional challenge to food sovereignty or sustainable agriculture
– Evaluate homestay project?s goals, effectiveness and long-term effects
For more information feel free to contact us.
Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture